yield: SERVES 2. prep time: 15 MINUTES. cook time: 10 Minutes total time: 25 MINUTES
Ready for a super easy, quick fresh summer time meal on the grill? Zesty sweet and smokey BBQ Shrimp to the rescue! I love throwing shrimp on the grill all times of the year but during the summer I love to add a sweet bbq tang to the mix. Each bite is full of fresh the taste of cilantro, sweet pineapple and savory onions and shrimp. I like to throw an easy carb like jasmine rice with left over garnishes to compliment but you can switch it up with brown rice or more veggies for a healthier alternative.
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 1 whole Pineapple, cubed
- 1 large Red Onion, large square cuts
- 1/4 bunch Cilantro, minced
- 2 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1/2 bottle Sweet Honey BBQ Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Large Skewer Sticks
- Soak skewers in water at least 15 minutes to prevent burning during grilling process
- Place Sweet Honey BBQ sauce, minced garlic and hand full of minced cilantro in mixing bowl. Mix well and set aside
- Peel, devein and clean 1 lb shrimp. Add to Sweet Honey BBQ mixture from step two. Let sit to marinade at least 10 minutes. Hint, the longer the marinading process, the better it will taste!
- Add pineapple, onions and shrimp to skewer sticks according to your preference. I like to start with red onion by skewering first, leaving at least a fist length of space on skewer to start. I alternate onion, pineapple, shrimp – but you can get as creative as you like!
- Add skewered masterpieces to warmed grill (~350degF). Cook each side at least 5 mins each. Don’t forget to flip a few times for even cooking.
- Cook desired amount of jasmine rice according to instructions (usually 1:2 rice to water ratio). Add cilantro, lemon juice and salt to taste to serve with finished skewers
- Garnish with remaining cilantro and lemon juice. Enjoy!!